product recall

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
https://brewyork.co.uk/product-recall-juice-forsyth/

nice tips on how to deal with an overcarbonated can.

no mention of popping it in the freezer though to just above/below freezing point.

I had some vocation roll with it that the can top had bulged. a freeze chill and a pour into a big jug allowed me to get almost all the contents.

Last edited:
no mention of popping it in the freezer though to just above/below freezing point
Putting it in the freezer is a bad idea from a PR perspective. It'll work, but not something the company would recommend. If you forget it and it freezes, CO2 comes out of solution, which would make the problem worse. Ever put a bottle of beer/bubbly in the freezer and accidentally left it there? They have a tendency to burst, then spray their contents over your freezer, then freeze the mess.

Last edited:
Putting it in the freezer is a bad idea from a PR perspective. It'll work, but not something the company would recommend. If you forget it and it freezes, CO2 comes out of solution, which would make the problem worse. Ever put a bottle of beer/bubbly in the freezer and accidentally left it there? They have a tendency to burst, then spray their contents over your freezer, then freeze the mess.
oh yes totally I've forgotten a few but I put them in a removable drawer. less annoyed wife if I do forget. I put the kitchen timer on mostly for those bad boys :-)

Latest posts

Back