Priming sugar- how much?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ H-R

Reaction score
Can anyone help me work out how much priming sugar I should use in my beer? I appreciate it depends on how carbonated I want it but is there a cunning calculation that I can make? :hmm:

Russ

If you download the evaluation of Promash there is a cunning carbonation calculator in there that you can use without having to pay for. . . . It will allow you to enter the fermentation temp, desired level of carbonation, type of priming (sugar, DME or forced) and will tell you how much to add/what pressure to set. Job Done!

Happy new year!
I hope everyone had a good night supping your brew's :D Unfortunately I was working :cry:

Thanks for the link Aleman, that's a great tool! The only thing is i'm not sure how the Volumes of Co2 equates to the style of beer.

How many volumes of Co2 would an average English Ale like HBB TEA have, compared with say a Lager? :hmm:

I think those style guidelines are much to high (Apart from the English ale) . . . . but what can you expect from Aussies :D . . . . Its rare that I ever go much above 2 vols for any type of beer . . . . but that might be that I don't really like fizzy beer :D

Back