Premium BIAB System: The Shopping List

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djskinner

Reaction score
There are number of premium quality AG setups available to the home brewer these days (e.g. from brewzone and this guy). I've been thinking about saving up my pennies and maybe if I had enough spare space I would purchase one next year.

However, recent talk about BIAB makes me think I can brew better beer, with cheaper (but still high quality) kit, using less space and therefore get brewing much sooner. Nobody is currently offering an all-in-one BIAB system so I'll have to do it myself.

So, I'm looking for some help to put together a shopping list for a premium 50 litre, stainless, gas powered BIAB system. Can you lot help out? (with lots of links, prices, and pics please!)

Dan

If I am correct in my thinking the reason no one offers a BIAB system is all it is is a boiler and grain bag
so if correct decide what size of system you want
decide if you want to use gas or electricity and go from there
electricity check out the many boiler builds using kettle elemnents on this site
like this
and get a suitable grain bag or even make your own one from new net curtain material
as for gas check ebay for a nordic stock pots ( german ebay I think) some one will give more info on those pots though
here is some more info Boiler build

50l pot. What kind of brewlength could I get with that? 40l?

With regards to the equipment I was hoping for some ideas on how to handle and strain the bag full of grains and boiling wort safely and tidily. Cooling and hop straining etc are also of interest.

that won't be much fun lifting a voile bag out of that... :) - I think the aussies use a skyhook/pulley system.

Where did you get the pot from? I would like to go for one which has a ball valve tap and some sort of hop strainer

I would go with a 100l pot, 60l water and 10kg of grain need some room, from nordic £54, gas burner £40 ebay so as not to scorch the bag and an engine hoist block £20 ebay.

Not bad for £114 really oh and then there is the gas bottle

Latest posts

Back