Preffered storage of your brew..

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NickW

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just a quick question - what is your preffered method of storing your beer/wine/cider?

Would love to hear your thoughts!

Im trying to see if there any different ways other than bottling/corny kegging?
--> Bottling tends to be more expensive than a beer/wine kit or the ingredients for AG in itself!
... and a corny keg in my opinion isn't a great medium for keeping the brew for months and months to promote flavour..

Interested if theres anything else out there!

Cheers guys! :cheers: :drunk:

bottling is only expensive once! you can re use the bottles again and again...

OR, go down your local and get your landlord to save you some brown bottles! alot of landlords simply throw them in the dumpster.

i like bottling beers because they hold their flavour for longer.

but i also like kegging because it's easy and i've got a bar to keep stocked up.

when my new boiler turnes up i'll be filling two cornies, and bottling about 90 bottles per brew. kegs for the short term, bottles to last around the year :thumb:

crE said:
and a corny keg in my opinion isn't a great medium for keeping the brew for months and months to promote flavour..

It does depend on the beer, I have had a beer from a corny keg that was 4 years old, and absolutely excellent . . . My current Imperial Russian Stout, will be transferred into corny sometime in the next couple of weeks, and will then be put away for at least a year. after that It will then be transferred to bottles . . . where it will spend another year . . . . and I expect it to improve for several years . . . . If it lasts that long

A T said:
I prefer to store them in my stomach :rofl:

I try to go with A T here but i find it's a bit leaky and most ends up having temporary storage in the loo, for a few minutes, then it's straight into the septic tank where it will remain to 'mature'.

one of the things i really liked about bottles was how easy it was to save the odd few pints as a kind of library. When i repeated a brew it was always nice to compare and old one with a new one. And when stocks were running low it helped to have your best conditioned beers as the only ones left .... its difficult to have a session with your prized brews ... well until you've had a few and then think 'bleh fick it'

Latest posts

Back