Peeing

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kinleycat

Landlord.
Reaction score
Not sure if this is one for the snug or not.
Does home brew make you pee more?
Normally I can do 6-10 pints if I'm out without needing a pee.
I'm now going every couple of pints.
My mate came up and sampled some of my offerings and he was off to the smallest room after almost every pint.
I've never suffered a hangover or a headache like I used to but boy can I pee!!
Is it the beer or is age just doing its thing?

6-10 pints without needing a pee?

I'm lucky if I can make it through the first one without needing to syphon the python.
And I'm only 21, a sad sign of things to come :(

The trick is to hold on as long as possible before going the first time because once you've broken the seal the inevitable regular visits are needed.

wellcome to the joys of an elder nature..... :rofl:

Zedilly said:
The trick is to hold on as long as possible before going the first time because once you've broken the seal the inevitable regular visits are needed.
Yep its like Pringles "Once you pop you can't stop!"

In most home breweries you will find a small bucket in the corner.................. :oops:

Not to be confused with Videne steraliser !

It's an age thing I think... If I have a few pints of an evening I got to go twice through the night too! :x

Like I said generally on pub beer it's a good half a dozen before I have to "crack the seal."
Fortunately I'm not at age (like some of you lot!!) where I need to get up during the night or anything like that but I deffo go more now in on homebrew.
You have though both made me feel better about myself and dread the future!!
As for you twenty something's with slack bladders firstly well done fore home brewing at such a young age (it took me to the ripe old age of 40) and secondly may I suggest you look here:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/tag/waterproof% ... g/products
:thumb:

6-10 pts is a hell of a lot to be holding, careful you don't go into retention. Actually as you get older your bladder gets slacker, imagine it as being a balloon which blows up and deflates and so on, the more it happens the less elastic it becomes, until what you effectively have is a flabby bag, the problems here are not realising the bladder is full, therefore not urintaing and acute retention, not emptying the bladder fully, leading to UTIs (you don't want them!) or chronic retention, incontinence and kidney damage. When you urinate it should be a strong steady stream that empties the bladder in one, not getting pee-shy, or going for a bit stopping, then going again. Its important to maintain good muscle control for later life to make sure you don't piddledribble....

I'm the same on pub bought alcohol or homebrew, after 2 drinks my bladder is a wet paper towel. And I'm only 30!

Brewbob said:
6-10 pts is a hell of a lot to be holding, careful you don't go into retention. Actually as you get older your bladder gets slacker, imagine it as being a balloon which blows up and deflates and so on, the more it happens the less elastic it becomes, until what you effectively have is a flabby bag, the problems here are not realising the bladder is full, therefore not urintaing and acute retention, not emptying the bladder fully, leading to UTIs (you don't want them!) or chronic retention, incontinence and kidney damage. When you urinate it should be a strong steady stream that empties the bladder in one, not getting pee-shy, or going for a bit stopping, then going again. Its important to maintain good muscle control for later life to make sure you don't piddledribble....

very good info brewbob.
emptying the bladder correctly is very important. a uti will knock you off your feet. i know that too well :(

peelman said:
It's an age thing I think... If I have a few pints of an evening I got to go twice through the night too! :x

I had this problem until i discovered "Saw palmetto" cheapest from Healthspan, its used for prostate health and works brilliant to stop the night pee visits ensuring a decent nights sleep and feeling great all day.

I would thoroughly recommend this product if you are up in the night for a pee

Latest posts

Back