Oath of allegiance

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bosch

Landlord.
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, is there anybody here going to do the oath of allegiance thingy and why?

SWMBO has been watching bits of it but like you couldn't take the singing i took myself to the kitchen as its not my cup of tea, i wont slate those that are/have enjoyed it or who do the oath thing.

No, I find it cringe worthy at best, truthfully I (and I suspect this isn’t an unusual view) am largely indifferent to the Monarchy, I would personally prefer a largely ceremonial presidential
system similar to Ireland but I don’t feel strongly enough on the matter to be protesting in the streets about it. But the whole oath thing just rubs me the wrong way, any thoughts about maybe going to a pub or anywhere else broadcasting the coronation disappears with this, as I would find it extremely awkward to be in a position to have to make a conscious choice to either go along with it just to keep the peace or to actively opt to sit it out.

I watched some of it today and was fascinated by the pomp and stiffness of a lot of it. Just like any other foreign country’s ceremony I watched it out of interest.
How much did it cost ??? 😳
A once in a lifetime event and there are a lot of people totally invested in it including members of my wife’s family posting pics of street party’s in hull.
Didn’t interest me but didn’t disgust me either.
I have to say camilla looked very pleased with herself though.

I love ritual and am interested in the history behind it.
Genuinely curious if any UK citizens took the oath of allegiance and their reasons why.

I love ritual and am interested in the history behind it.
Genuinely curious if any UK citizens took the oath of allegiance and their reasons why.
Didn’t even know that was a thing. Is it like the pioneer pin people took years ago ? Great at the time but never going to stick to it in reality 😂👑

I'd say the palace are hoping Charles doesn't hang around too long. The next in line are much more appealing to the public.
What? Tictac and Kate? More appealing? Gordon Bennett!

Sort of like, death by hanging is more appealing than death by stoning, sort of thing?

Latest posts

Back