North West Home Brew Shop

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick.

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any Home Brew shops in the North West? I’m in Stockport and the closest one I know of is in Bolton. Am I missing any obvious ones?

Does anyone know of any Home Brew shops in the North West? I’m in Stockport and the closest one I know of is in Bolton. Am I missing any obvious ones?
I don't know if they still do it, but the Mounting Stone (Made of Stone brewery) in Bramhall used to supply homebrew AG ingredients.

Hadfield's Dry Salters in Macclesfield stock kits and basic homebrew equipment.

https://www.hadfieldsince1755.co.uk/

There's Spitting Feathers in Warrington

If you want 25kg sacks of grain and bottles at a great price, that's Staffordshire Brewery in Cheddleton. Bit of a drive from Stockport, though.

Last edited:
Cheers for the replies! Spitting Feathers is the only one I know of. Mounting Stone stopped stocking homebrew stuff a while ago. Think I’ll be sticking to online then

I think Julie's on Oldham Road ,Failsworth. Near Sharpe is still open I used to live about 20min walk from there.
The staff was always knowledgeable and had a big selection of equipment, kits and very friendly

Nah, still open. I go there.

It may be open but i would question why there are no prices of clickable links to products on their website every page says "Contact us to browse the selection" or something similar, all seems a little fishy to me.

https://www.thewineloft.co.uk/

At The Wine Loft in St Helens, we supply a wide range of beer and cider kits, helping you to make your favourite brews at home. Contact us to browse the selection and speak to our friendly and experienced team if you need any help or guidance to place an order. With kits for a huge variety of styles available, you can try your hand at making some of the world’s most popular beverages and experience the satisfaction of home brewing.

Back