Noob

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jointhedotz

Reaction score
Hi All,

New wine-maker here, been lurking for a few days now since starting my first ever brew so thought I'd introduce myself and voice my dissatisfaction over how this site has forced me into starting off a couple of WOW's over the next few days....

Anyway, I bought a Wilko Strawberry wine kit on Saturday which is currently bubbling away in a cupboard and plan to have a couple of 5l water bottles full of WOW and a variant kicking off by the weekend.

Cheers all, looks to be a very informative forum

Hello and welcome. It certainly sounds like you're jumping in feet first, good luck with the WOW's, I started my first a few weeks back and it's still fermenting happily.

thanks everyone :)

as for jumping in with both feet Berk....i have a habit of that lol. I've now bought the juices for the WOW's and am just waiting on my yeast and associated chemicals. Plan is one original WOW and 1 apple and raspberry, both with red grape juice. I got an extra RGJ for topping up both (mixed with water). I've also just topped up my strawb kit to the full 4.5 litres so only 17 days to go according to the destructions....

I have to confess......EXCITED!!! The wait is going to kill me.

Cheers all :cheers:

I know the feeling. :D I'm pretty sure if I had the money I'd already have a full AG set up within a week of starting. As it is, I got 12 demijohns for a good price just under three weeks ago and already have 5 of them bubbling away, along with a newly started Wilko's stout, a conditioning cider and another batch of stout barreled and testing my patience in the cellar.

:cheers:

jointhedotz said:
thanks everyone :)

as for jumping in with both feet Berk....i have a habit of that lol. I've now bought the juices for the WOW's and am just waiting on my yeast and associated chemicals. Plan is one original WOW and 1 apple and raspberry, both with red grape juice. I got an extra RGJ for topping up both (mixed with water). I've also just topped up my strawb kit to the full 4.5 litres so only 17 days to go according to the destructions....

I have to confess......EXCITED!!! The wait is going to kill me.

Cheers all :cheers:

teehee, bidding on 4 DJ's and some bits and bobs on ebay at present

I have a thread going on my more usual forum but apparently linking it is too spammy for a new user, fair enough really :)

Latest posts

Back