No Chill Cubes

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, but I lauter. Whether that makes any difference or not is hard to know. But since we're talking about sticky mashes, this obviously isn't the solution. Pun intended. 🤣
Ooooh okay
I had assumed you had a recirculating system and was wondering about it. Yeah I just had a bad time with it this time round I guess, no biggie🤷‍♂️

Lager is currently cold crashing at 5 degrees headed down to 0-2°C to come out of the fermenter and go into a keg to lager out for 4-6 weeks before I pass through a 1 micron filter and put on to carb for Christmas.

Stout is going in next and hopefully have a better time of it this time.
My cube arrived today so will be starting to plan my brews accordingly moving forward!

Ooooh okay
I had assumed you had a recirculating system and was wondering about it. Yeah I just had a bad time with it this time round I guess, no biggie🤷‍♂️

Lager is currently cold crashing at 5 degrees headed down to 0-2°C to come out of the fermenter and go into a keg to lager out for 4-6 weeks before I pass through a 1 micron filter and put on to carb for Christmas.

Stout is going in next and hopefully have a better time of it this time.
My cube arrived today so will be starting to plan my brews accordingly moving forward!

Do you use any of the brewing calculators? Any of them I've tried seem to ask for the dead space in the mash tun. So I mustn't be too far wrong.

Do you use any of the brewing calculators? Any of them I've tried seem to ask for the dead space in the mash tun. So I mustn't be too far wrong.
I don't no, haven't really got that far as of yet in the hobby

All recipes I use just come straight from the preassembled grain kits from GEB
Water is just the bottles of mineral water from Tesco as I would like to start doing water chemistry but only after I have used my equipment enough to make my pints cheaper than they would be if I were to buy one in the town which is currently around £6-£6.50 so have a few more brews yet to do before that

Back