Nicola Sturgeon says time is right to resign as Scotland's first minister

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
561E94D6-B625-4DA7-BB98-669BBD877847.jpeg

I thought it was a very dignified resignation. Very well respected woman in politics, you might not agree with her politics but she is a leader.
Must be very difficult to be a politician today, especially as a woman, with the amount of pressure of social media.
I always was very impressed by her.

As an aside, I wonder if her resignation is partly due to the corruption investigation or the recent Trans rights controversy.

Must be very difficult to be a politician today, especially as a woman, with the amount of pressure of social media.

As an aside, I wonder if her resignation is partly due to the corruption investigation or the recent Trans rights controversy.
Trans rights is a minefield, you only have to look how sports is trying to deal with it. It's a very decisive topic

Trans rights is a minefield, you only have to look how sports is trying to deal with it. It's a very decisive topic
I have a student who is currently transitioning from female to male. Because he's under 18 still he has to fill all official documentation under his birth name (a female name).
It has been a real education for me and has made me much more empathic to trans people

I wondered if Jacinda Ardern going spurred her on, though obviously she'd been thinking about it before. The trans stuff is also very controversial.

I wondered if Jacinda Ardern going spurred her on, though obviously she'd been thinking about it before. The trans stuff is also very controversial.
I would imagine so.

Women in the public eye face such huge pressures and casual misogyny which some people think passes for humour.

I would say it would of been several factors affecting her decision

Thank god she's gone. It was like a stuck record.
Our economy would be better if we were independent.
Our health would be better if we were independent
Our crime would be better if we were independent
My biscuit wouldn't have broken in me cuppa if we were independent
The earthquake in Turkey wouldn't have happened if we were independent
Russia would shoot Putin and end the war if we were independent

No ....
Shaved wookie. be gone

Several posts remoned if you want to discuss other polititions shortcomings please open another thread.

Thank god she's gone. It was like a stuck record.
Our economy would be better if we were independent.
Our health would be better if we were independent
Our crime would be better if we were independent
My biscuit wouldn't have broken in me cuppa if we were independent
The earthquake in Turkey wouldn't have happened if we were independent
Russia would shoot Putin and end the war if we were independent

No ....
Shaved wookie. be gone
Economy, health, crime? Maybe yes, maybe no, but surely up to the people of Scotland to decide.
Then three lines of total dross and a childish insult.
Well done.

Latest posts

Back