New Toy

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomcat

Supporting Member
Reaction score
11230 Ste Colombe sur L'Hers, Aude France
so, the last brew stoically refuses to ferment down past 1.020, been two weeks past the expected bottle date - still in brew bucket - still has positive pressure through the air lock but no movement so decided it was a good reason to get some new toys - will pick up a sodastream gas cylinder tomorrow and keg it :-)

KEG.jpg

Nice, but you will find that the Sodastream cylinders won't last more than 1 or 2 fills, especially if you force carb with it (rather than using priming sugar). If you can find a CO2 supplier locally it'll work out much more economical in the long run.

Nice, but you will find that the Sodastream cylinders won't last more than 1 or 2 fills, especially if you force carb with it (rather than using priming sugar). If you can find a CO2 supplier locally it'll work out much more economical in the long run.
Yeah did wonder how long it will last - pretty sure there are places around me here in S. France, just a case of finding them, certainly for the next step as i seriously doubt that this one keg will be lonely for long :-)

Yeah did wonder how long it will last - pretty sure there are places around me here in S. France, just a case of finding them, certainly for the next step as i seriously doubt that this one keg will be lonely for long :-)
Let me know if you find somewhere cheap (that has national reach). I'm living just outside of Paris and have been using Soda stream bottles, the price alone for big CO2 bottles in France makes my eyes water.

Let me know if you find somewhere cheap (that has national reach). I'm living just outside of Paris and have been using Soda stream bottles, the price alone for big CO2 bottles in France makes my eyes water.
yeah not cheap - the 'best' so far is this - but depends on how much you use - https://www.rolling-beers.fr/fr/co2-et-nourrices-pour-gaz/1775-cylindre-de-co2-de-2-kg-plein.html did see a 5kg bottle not cheap but had a 45 € 'swap refil' charge - initial outlay more but then only 45€ to get a refilled swap bottle

Latest posts

Back