New to homebrew, hate bottling. kegerator recommendations

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GinAndSonic

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I brewed my first batch a few weeks ago. It was a Saison that went down from 1.050 OG to 1.010 FG. Wanted a secondary with Bret so added honey (about 10 grav) and got to 1.004.
I really liked the whole process apart from, as many know, bottling. A fun mistake was spending a week thinking my FG was off as I didn't know to adjust based on ermented wort :)

My question is what would be some of the cheapest buys on amazon for a 2 or 3 keg fridge? that are not hot rubbish?
I kinda wanna go cheaper with the first one to justify going for a kegerator a few years down the line so around 100 to 125 quid for the first one.

Thanks

Are you talking about a fridge or for the whole setup?
You will want a second hand fridge. You won't get a new fridge for that money, certainly not one that would fit 3 kegs.
For kegs etc you will spend more than that money. Brewkegtap have good prices for the full keg set up.
Leave Amazon alone

Hey, I'm happy to spend the money on the Kegs and lines as I go. The reason I suggested Amazon Is that the place I work at hands out Amazon vouchers. Would it still be possible to get a fridge with 2/3 keg capacity for under 200?

Hey, I'm happy to spend the money on the Kegs and lines as I go. The reason I suggested Amazon Is that the place I work at hands out Amazon vouchers. Would it still be possible to get a fridge with 2/3 keg capacity for under 200?
Searching Amazon seems a minefield. When I was looking a couple of weeks ago I couldn't find anything under 200 for 3 kegs - that is what I was looking for. I got a cracking second hand fridge for £20 in the end. Have a look on Amazon and post a link and I will look

I've recently built my own keggarator. I got he fridge off Facebook marketplace for about £20 or £30 and the tap set up cost me about £130 and maybe about a tenner in lines and John Guest fittings. Took me a couple of attempts to get it working right with inevitable cost of replacing bits (initially ordered lines with too large a diameter). However the fridge is not optimised for kegs.I couldn't fit a full size keg in there so are limited to 5ltr mini kegs or at the most one 9ltr corny keg and one 5 ltr mini keg.

It is a slightly smaller fridge than a standard size fridge though so look out for that if you are looking to get a second hand fridge to convert.

Just get a fridge from eBay or FB marketplace. Hotpoint RLA34 or 36 are good choices for under counter ones and can be picked up for less than £40, free if you’re lucky.
they‘ll fit two full size corny kegs in and, as you paid very little, you won’t mind drilling holes in it!
The cooling lines are in the back so no problem drilling a hole in the top to mount a beer font or pass beer & gas lines through.

Back