new brewer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welshbrewer

Reaction score
do i need to keep the fermenting beer at a certain temperature if so is there a heater of some sort i could use? just started brewing from kits and had low success,but will keep on trying and tasting!!

you can brew anywhere as long as its room temperature takes a little longer if its cooler i always use a heat mat just to keep a constant temperature but you can buy immersion heater or belt for round your fermenting bin

try to keep the temp betwwen 18 - 20 degrees, some people use an aquiram heater, while other use brew belts or heat mats. Me, i just fement my brews behind the couch in the living room.

brilliant!thanks for the tips...have just bought Woodforde's Wherry bitter i believe it is pretty good,any other bitter kits you could recommend?

all depends how much you want to spend really im a big fan of muntons premium ales there fairly straightforward cost bout 24 quid woodfords are supposed to be good aswell just ask ur local shop they'll put you right

Wherry is a good kit and so are the Muntons Premium kits (Woodefordes kits are made by Muntons anyway) - have a dabble with tweaking your kit, the addition of dry hopping the keg for a few days can work wonders. At a recent competition 2 kit beers stood out and beat many all-grain examples, one of the kits was dry hopped and also had had an addition of dried elderflowers. (T'was very nice) :cheers:

I tried a muntons autumn blush earlier this year and took a gallon off and added some dried elderflowers wasn't very nice i must admit hopfully with time it will settle u never no till you try

i use a brew belt positioned near the top of the FV so as not to get too warm.
Both the woodfordes and muntons kits are great! Just finished a woodfordes old nog and currently drinking a muntons Gold old english Ale - both fantastic!

Latest posts

Back