need help asap. killed my yeast

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crcchy

Reaction score
hi guys. i think ive pitched my yeast whilst the brew was to hot. although it was 30 degrees.im making a winework white wine, my red is bubbling away but the white has no life what so ever and would normaly be bubbling by now.how do i repitch and how long can it be in the fermenter inactive before its ruind. please help

30°C should be an acceptable temperature for pitching most yeasts, when did it go in?

ive just given it a shake and its starting to bubble a bit.
would this mean its fermenting or is this just gas

What volume are you making, is it in a demijohn or a larger fermenter, is it under airlock, have you got a good seal around the airlock bung? Dampen it or add a smear of Vaseline.

If you've got gas, it's starting to ferment, but if you pitched 2 or 3 days ago it should be going quite vigorously by now. It's possible that you killed or at least stunned most of your yeasties and it's taken the survivors until now to regroup.

If you've got a general purpose wine yeast, I think I'd be inclined to give it another spoonful, but if it's under airlock and you sanitised everything in the first place, I wouldn't be worrying about it being ruined just yet.

Moley said:
What volume are you making, is it in a demijohn or a larger fermenter, is it under airlock, have you got a good seal around the airlock bung? Dampen it or add a smear of Vaseline.

If you've got gas, it's starting to ferment, but if you pitched 2 or 3 days ago it should be going quite vigorously by now. It's possible that you killed or at least stunned most of your yeasties and it's taken the survivors until now to regroup.

If you've got a general purpose wine yeast, I think I'd be inclined to give it another spoonful, but if it's under airlock and you sanitised everything in the first place, I wouldn't be worrying about it being ruined just yet.

yes everything sanitised and under air lock in a fermenting bucket. its now bubbling every 2-3 seconds much more activity now ive shaken it. what do you think

Back