Naming your beer?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm into both Norse mythology and loud, heavy music so my brews tend to get named on those lines. AG-1 was 'Viking SMaSH' (with a picture of Mjølnir on the label), my Belgian ales go under 'Benediction' after the death metal band and I'm currently brewing my Guinness clone which I've settled to call 'Unholy Black Metal Stout.'

graysalchemy said:
Just haven't really come up with a name for my Traquair House Clone :wha: :wha:

How about 'Tracker Bar'?

Cheers,
Sam

orlando said:
dennisdk2000 said:
Anyway, ahem, I have my first Scottish Ale on the stocks next and have decided to call it Kilt Lifter :whistle: .

B*gger - that was going to be the name for my Whiskey Dubbel! :hmm:

Dennis

How about Large One! or You Only Drink Twice.

Been thinking - might go with Danish Thistle. Designed a tartan with that name, could be a feature of the label (yes, I do labels too!).

Dennis

I once asked for names from an Amiga forum. I got some interesting suggestions including Atari Beater and Lemmings Blood. but by the time i had drunk a few I clean forgot about the names and it came down to just saying "erm yesh I beleive it's called beer!"

I have named my winery "The House of Badger", we are responsible for the production of the "Badger's ****" range. When brewing my first kit wine, my girlfriend entered the house and in response to the strong brewing smell said,

"It smells like a badger's **** in here".

And it stuck.

It's a bit of a mixed metaphor but I don't care.

It's just as well she didn't quote from the movie Anchorman... or it would've been called the 'Bigfoots Dick' range. :nono:

Ok I hope this isn't too boring but here's my eclectic names so far!

We live in the Avenue hence The Avenue Microbrewery

Mint Choc Stout - Ben - after my black Lab
Own creation APA - Harvey - after my gold lad
Old Speckled Hen Clone - spotted dick - speckled cock>spotty cock>spotted dick
Anniversary Ale - brewed it from leftovers on our anniversary
Session ale - wanted to create an easy drinking ale for when I have mates round
IPA Lindsley - own recipe IPA named after my cousin Iain Peter Alan Lindsley
Old Hooky Clone - Hooky Street (only fools and horses reference)
Landlord Clone - All Hail to the Ale (pub landlord reference)
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale clone - Santa's North Pole Ale (made it for Christmas)
Variation on a Dave Line Morland Best recipe - Squeaky Mouse - named after my daughter Niamh who made squeaks like a mouse when she was a baby
Ringwood 49er Clone - Jerry Rice (San Francisco 49er legend)
All Amarillo APA - Armadillo Amarillo - it's just alliteration
All Cascade APA - Squinty - named after my mate Mike whose wife nags him that when drunk he has squinty eyes, we are often told not to bring Mike back squinty, we rarely succeed!
Dave Line Budweiser recipe - Alderanweiser - play on words and a star wars reference
an ESB recipe i nicked off hashie from BIAB - Broken Face ESB - made it when Harvey had a fractured skull after a kick from a horse
Hallertau Hersbrucher SMASH - Harry Hotspur - from reading Shakespeare's Henry IV - weren't expecting that were you!
Black Sheep Clone - Black Sheepish
Summer Ale with Elderflower - Gold Medal Flower - Olympics reference
St. Austell Big Smoke clone - currently unamed - may name it MOOJ after Northampton Saints prop and fellow home brewer Brian Mujati
Back to Basics brew - Mobotulism - because everyone loves the Mo Bot!

I hope you survived that lot with the will to live intact

Garage now known to family and friends as the "Gizmeister Brewery" after our new pup "Gizmo"
Sunday's first ever AG will be called "what summer!" as it's a hopwood summer lightening clone
Next brew is a weissbier which will be called "the Gizweisser"
I make labels up using labelizer which look cool.

I've been trying to think of a ukulele reference to use to name my "brewery" (read : as yet, not started homebrew kit).

Best I've come up with is Jumping Flea Brewery. I could then make snake bites with the beer I make and call it Flea Bites...

no?

Latest posts

Back