My first homebrew

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michaelaston

Reaction score
just tried a bottle of my first homebrew and have to say the wherry was just great although i think it could possible do with keeping for a bit longer but dont think i will manage to go that. Just might stash a couple of bottles somewhere safe. :thumb:

Get another brew on quick! I always try to keep production just ahead of consumption if I can so that I have something to drink rather than start on a brew too early - Its still very diffucult though...

Congratulations and welcome to a wonderful journey.... :D
Lots of different good beers to try most far better than shop bought beers. The Wherry is a deservedly popular drink but it does need 6-8 weeks in the bottle.
Try a St Peters Red Ruby Ale which to my taste just pips the Wherry, again it takes a few weeks to come good.

Ive got a woodfordes nog which should be ready next week. Got a couple of kits ready to go just need to empty some bottles

Not long tasted my first brew also, in fact i have only had one bottle which i must admit didnt taste half bad for a first try.

Going to spend some time tucking into the rest this evening so i can give makes sure none of them got spoilt when bottling :drink:

I've just started drinking my first brew too (a Wilkos Newki Brown kit.). I've got a Festival Pilgrims Hope in the FV, to be bottled around Wednesday. The Newki Brown Probably wont last past New Years so I'm going to be beerless for a few weeks until the Pilgrims Hope is ready around the end of January. I'll have to organise better so this horrible dry time doesn't repeat itself :(

as soon as you finish one batch, get the next started :thumb: . Highly recoment the Coopers stout and woodforde's Wherry from wilkos (you'll pay an extra few £ at kirkstall for them) if you havent tried them already.

Alas, no more brewing until after Christmas now as I'm spending it with family. I'm considering the Coopers Stout for when I get back, or if I'm feeling the post Christmas financial pinch I've heard good things about the Wilko Velvet stout. I'll brew it a little short (the Wilko Newki Brown kit I did to the instructions is a bit watery) and use beer enhancer. It should come to about £15, or £18 with the Coopers Stout. Then again I could possibly get about 5.5+% ABV if I did the same process with the Coopers, if it ferments properly, making the £3 extra expense worth it. That sounds like a good winter warmer to me.
I could get the Wherry for £18 but I wouldn't have the fun of experimenting then. It all depends on whether I fancy a stout when I get back.

Latest posts

Back