My first brew : Milestone Lions Pride

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dont throw it away! Id just bottle it and see how it turns out, have you tested your hydrometer in water, and adjusted for temp differences?

This has been my first brew as well so thought I would post my results here - Can't find a review thread for Milestone Lions Pride so here goes:

Purchased as a starter kit with a top tap king keg here: http://www.home-brew-online.com/starter-kits-c47/beer-lager-c50/milestone-complete-mini-brewery-p501
I also added a sparkler tap which I have fitted to the king keg instead of the standard tap.

More or less followed the instructions, brewed to 23l with kit contents and no extra fermentables - Initial SG = 1042.

Dry hopped with a teabag of 12g of bulldog progress hops at 10 days - removed tea bag at 15 days (dry hopped just cause I wanted to fiddle really !)

Took 3 weeks to ferment out to SG of 1012 = 3.9% abv

Transferred to King Keg with 80g of tate and lyle to prime, 2 weeks in the warm and then out to the garage to cold condition.

Took around 2 weeks cold conditioning to get a clear pint - at this point tasted pretty good but a bit twangy.

Now we are at 4 weeks of cold conditioning and I am amazed at the results - a really nice session drinking beer, very, very tastey - still a few rough corners which should mellow with a bit more time (if it lasts much longer) but I am absolutely amazed at the results for my first brew.

Here is a picture of my pint:

Just a quick note on the starter kit I purchased, I really thought this was a good value kit - I know there are cheaper pressure barrel starter kits but when you consider it was a top tap king keg and included a 2 can premium kit I thought it was worth every penny. A great way to start my home brew journey !

Latest posts

Back