My first 20litre cider with cinnamon, honey & star anise

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starspud1

Reaction score
Well i hope this works or it'll have been an expensive disaster!

After bottling a trial using just burnt honey, pear slices & apple juice and finding that it tasted rather 'winey', i've endeavoured to improve the recipe a bit..

So this is what i've done - most of the recipe main stuff is from another post (forgive me if theres too much information here)...

Boiled up 5 jars of cheap tesco clear honey along with 3 big cinnamon sticks & a handful of star anise until it foamed (almost over the pan lol)
Added 5 tins of mushed up pear slices, 1 cup of black strong Tea & chucked it into a fermentation bucket
To this, i added 2teaspoons of pectalase, a couple of teaspoons of cream of tarter (don't really know why), and 5 teaspoons of super wine yeast..

I'm hoping to get some taste through from the spices in there, after fermenting i'll suspend some vanilla pods in it (because i love vanilla)

Hopefully not a car crash, we'll see what happens

Opinions?
Thanks
Bazza

Should be quite potent then, might experiment with spices in a demijohn first before doing 25l of it. Spiced cider sounds nice though.

I've got one conditioning which was basic TC plus 4 cloves in a gallon demi. Sneak taste off the bottling syphon very promising.

Latest posts

Back