My brewing equipment so far

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ash

Reaction score
Boiler

I got this Burco boiler off of Freecycle, which was a bit of a result :) . Ok, its not shiney, but I quite like the retro look and it has a great boil. Its actually a wash boiler from the 50s/60s :shock: so there's no thermostat to faff around with to make it do a rolling boil. Its only got a 5g capacity, but fine for doing a 19l brew (Cornie size). :thumb:

SDC10668.jpg

Kegereezer

This is a work in progress. Got the chest freezer free from my parents (another result) :) . Its tall enough to hold cornies and big enough to hold a fair few of them! My oneand only cornie is looking lonely, so another one or two are on the Christmas list! Haven't decided whether to fit a collar or not yet; may just drill through the freezer (carefully) to feed wires and tubes through.

SDC10678.jpg

SDC10679.jpg

The temperature is controlled using an ATC800 that I bought from Vossey. I've nicked someones idea that I saw somewhere and encased it in a plastic case that i got from Maplins for a few quid and fixed some plugs onto the back.

The freezer is plugged into the cooling, and heating is a 100w bulb, which works quite effectively. I'm not sure what i'm going to do when the bulb goes as you can't buy them anymore! :hmm:

SDC10670.jpg

SDC10671.jpg

SDC10675.jpg

SDC10676.jpg

Back