Mixed gas help please!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stee41

Reaction score
This is driving me mad!!
I am trying to get hold of a mixed gas bottle (bigger than a widget world bottle) Nitrogen/Co2 mix but cant seem to get one anywhere, I have offered suppliers payment for shipping costs but still cant get a bottle! any ideas guys?

:pray:

Try your local Calor Gas outlet (not a garden centre - a proper Calor place if you have one nearby)

I get my CO2 bottles from them, no deposit, no rental, £13.80 for a 7Kg fill. When I asked if they did mixed gas as well, they just said "sure" and chucked a 7Kg bottle of that in the car too.

You will need a different regulator for mixed gas than CO2.

This used to be easy when most pubs had the smaller gas bottles, I used to get one and a replacement when ever, however most pubs here are now on the large bottles, the only way round this was to set up an acount with air products or other such (bring a big wallet) and get food grade mixed gas, now it lasted ages but the rental was mad. Now days I use a local CO2 filler, he does coke, fire extinguishers, dry ice for medical, he gave me 2 bottles and fills them for about 11 euro each, I also bring him some beer. so no more mixed gas for me unless I want to rent a bottle again, my company already has 6 big bottle rentals for welding etc but mixed gas in not worth the expense or trouble for me.
The only way for you that I can see is to find a pub with the smaller bottles and ask, in Ireland there would generally be no problem if you were local, not sure of what it's like where you are. The way I use is just be nice and offer them somthing, besides cash, as it's too blunt, barter with somthing, I duno, it's up to yourself really.
Bru
adm just posted before me and I think there is your answer

i called calor ges direct and they told me that they dont do any co2 at all
are you sure that the cylinders are calor gas
or is it just the place you went to also use other gas suppliers aswell

Most Calor retailers also do other gases . . . including CO2 and Mixed gas.

If you want a small cylinder it is worth noting that midget widget do a 60/40 Mixed gas (N2/CO2 IIRC) that is worth having.

Latest posts

Back