Messing with the stocklist...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rich27500

Landlord.
Reaction score
I brought a 25kg sack of grain this week and nothing else because I knew I had some leftovers. This morning I was shocked to find the following:

400g munich
700g dark crystal
100g pale crystal
120g torrified wheat
200g flaked barley
90g chocolate malt

50g East Kent Goldings
20g cascade
70g Challenger
35g Perle
65g Northern Brewer
55g Fuggles
55g Brambling Cross
150g Hallertau Hersbrucher

What fun I thought so brew on this morning was a SMaSH with hallertau

4kg Pale Malt

Hops
40g 90 mins
40g 30 mins
20g 15 mins

I have a very sedimentary lager I'm hoping to revive the yeast (Saflager) off but if not I have a back up plan using yeast from a brew ready to bottle (it's the stuff i recycled from a bottle of goldminer, still no idea what it is but it worked and the theory that it's Nottingham seems fair enough.)

I am hoping for a light summer ale/lager hybrid. Sitting waiting for the yeast in fv is 22L at 1.046, I was hoping for at least 1.040 at 23L so I'd say that's a result!

Now mashing is today's brew two. Also going for a light summer ale and thought I'd chuck some honey in because I can!

4.5kg Pale Malt
100g Pale Crystal
484g Honey

30g Challenger 60 mins
20g Brambling Cross 15 mins
10g Brambling Cross 0 mins

Don't ask me where I got the idea for the hop schedule i just thought it might work in my head. I could of course put it through some software (I use the BIAB calculator,) but it feels more artistic this way!

Yeah its much more fun to throw things in experimenting chef style! I made a very similar ale with all hallertau and it was quite good.

Throw the honey in at flame out if possible, it'll retain the flavour.

Latest posts

Back