MD's First Kit Brew

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muddydisco

Landlord.
Reaction score
Have just pitched the yeast on my Milestones Black Pearl, Having steralised half the kitchen, treated the water with Campden tablets, checked temperatures etc..
Have come out with 1044 OG and 22.5ltr (It looks more in the Pic as floor is not level!)
My coolbox arrived today so I'm off to build strainer and sparge arm for it and fit ball valve, Norms pump comes later this week then onto Liqoir tank and boiler! Will be a HERMs when I have finished pic's will be posted!

MilestoneBlackPearl1.jpg

MilestoneBlackPearl.jpg

A man who knows what he wants. A kit brewing mate of mine knocked out this milestone black pearl but against all advice he ballsed it up a little at the bottling stage. It even managed to defy his bodgery and come out a nicely balanced stout.

I've got some Black Pearl on the go as well - let me know how yours turns out (mine has been fermenting since Friday and was down to 1020 yesterday).

Just had a quick check on the Black Pearl I'm down to 1025 in 2 days! Gave it a quick stir to wake up the lazy yeastie buggers. I'll drinking in no time! :D

I seem to have stalled at 1020 having giving it 2 stirs over 2 days and reading 1020 on both, has been at 20 degrees constant now trying to warm in up a tad any other clues?

You could pitch a sachet of s04 to see if that gets the job done.

Not having a packet of s04 doesn't help but I have got some primary yeast out of my mates polypin that I'm going to cultiavate so how's that sound?

Back