Mango Pulp Cheap In Lidl 850g

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeeH

Insert Witty Comment Here
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tins are rusty and they are close to date, but at 2.39 a pop they will make a good kettle sour probably.

Attachments

• IMG_9339.jpeg
    IMG_9339.jpeg
    68.2 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_9340.jpeg
    IMG_9340.jpeg
    62.9 KB · Views: 0
I used it in a pale ale without reading the packet so fermented at 20. It didn’t produce any off flavours, no flavour at all in fact.

Not expecting to taste it in this to be fair being a sour and 2KG of Mango in it but pitching at 35 saves time and water this time of year with high ground water temps.

Last edited:
Zero sign of activity after the 2nd kilo of pulp so Im kegging tomorrow while it’s still opaque.

Very interested to hear how this turns out, always been nervous introducing actual fruit to a brew as I've heard there is a risk it can come out cidery (not that I have a dislike for cider).

Very interested to hear how this turns out, always been nervous introducing actual fruit to a brew as I've heard there is a risk it can come out cidery (not that I have a dislike for cider).

Never had that myself.

It’s a very pleasant summer drink with a great head for a sour (2.8pH) Needs some more omph on the back end but unsure what. Maybe a higher abv.

IMG_0088.jpeg

Last edited:
Back