Magnum pear cider kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remembered yesterday that there is a TINY pear flavouring sachet to add at this stage. I didnt think it would make much difference being so small but boy was I wrong! This stuff was super strong....There is no longer that rotten egg sort of smell but instead my brew smells like pear drops!! Ha Ha. I've made up one bottle with a little sugar but i'll leave the rest in the tub for a few more days and transfer into 5L squash style bottle things.

How did the kit turn out in the end mate. i got one for the mrs to do for her first brew ?. Unsure whether to do the sugar or apple juice myself, anyone else tried this kit either way ?

new to the forums, have just bought some kit which arrives monday and gonna have a bash at this, been over to leyland home brew today to pick it up and some grolsh style bottles, i think the first time i`ll just follow the instructions to the T, then when i do change the recipe i.e. suppliment sugar for juice i`ll have something to benchmark it against, i really like me pear cider, took me a while to get a brand that i like, gaymers was quite dry, and bulmers was very sweet, but am now drinking `brothers` which i find the best, not too sweet, not too dry, so have decided to take up the challenge and brew me own, so will consult the forums.

cheers for the recipe, will deffo try it out after the RTFM`ed method!

Latest posts

Back