Magnum Ciders

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Seer

Reaction score
So far I've made the Elderflower, Pear and the Strawberry.

I'm very pleased with these kits and would recommend them to anyone who hasn't already given em' a go. :D

I barrelled em', yeah guess they would've neen better in bottles. Lazy sod am I!

TheCheekyMonkey said:
have also done the pear cider and very good results, extremely drinkable :D

may do a strawberry this time, willl have to see ;)

I was suprised when I opened the tin of the Magnum Strawberry Cider. It is VERY red in it's colouring. Not sure if food colouring has been used. :shock:

I too was pleased with Magnum Pear Cider. Have you tried the Elderflower variety? I found that to be just as good also. :drink:

S.G. is about to reach 1003. When it does I'll be barrelling the Strawberry Cider. Certainly looking forward to tasting as are me drinking comrades! ;)

havent tried the elder berry, all big brews have had to slow down for now, as me staffys just had pups, so she`s under the stairs for the next 6-7 weeks, which for me means demijohns only for now.

mexican cerveza is the next big brew, cider wise not really sure yet, thinking a fruity one then the missus can have a taste :D

Just finished doing the pear magnum kit. Looking forward to it being nice and fizzy, but even when tasted still its quite nice and tasty. I did have a worry as the FG was 1008ish, which the instructions suggested it should be 1000 or less. But it was steady at 1008/9 for 4 days straight, so might just end up a little bit sweet.

Kegged half for it for myself, the rest went into 2 litre bottles for the missus.

Back