Low carbonation turbo cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R&B Brewing

Reaction score
I made a 10l batch of turbo cider to the pinned recipe and used 1/2 a packet (5g) of bulldog medium cider yeast. Gravity started at .038 and finished at .002, which seems to be normal enough. After a partial cold crash (down to 7 degrees, because of a faulty thermostat) I batch primed with 7g/l of dextrose priming sugar and bottled.

After 8 days I tried a bottle, and I have to say its pretty great for a first attempt. A little on the sweet side for medium cider if I'm being really critical, the only down side is that it wasn't as carbonated as I'd have liked.

So I have it back in the fridge to bring it up to temperature for another week to see if that helps. Just wondering if anyone's had similar experiences?

If there's no improvement I plan on repeating the process except using 10g/l to prime to see if that helps. Of could there be something else I'm missing?

Any advice welcome. Thanks in advance.

UPDATE

After leaving for another week carbonation definitely improved and the slight over sweetness is gone too, leaving it a really good medium cider.

Quickly learning that patience is key to good results.

Latest posts

Back