Lost my head

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trikerjim

Reaction score
Hi again everyone
i have done a couple of brews as a new brewer, a pilsner, a wherry and another bitter. They had 2 weeks in FV, 2 weeks in airing cupboard, then into cold garage.
Over the weeks i have been sampling with mates and they all pour well with a nice head, but now i have a problem, i think.

The garage has now become warm with this mild weather and yesterday, i tried a few and the head has disappeared, is this because they have now got too warm?

I have tansferred wot i can to the fridge, to try to remedy them. have i lost it ? they still taste ok but not the lovely head they had. I am looking at a full size Lucozade fridge, such as ya get in spar shops, would this help in the future, as my cold area or am i wasting my time.

Thanks in anticipation for any help or advice, as ever.

Jim

:cheers:

If you're savvy on eBay, you can pick one up for pennies if you can transport it. Freecycle has them too, check daily!

I would think you may be running low on gas, did you prime with sugar or carbonate with a gas bottle?

i primed each bottle with sugar. was lovely a week ago, but i just feer the warmth has killed it
jim

Latest posts

Back