Logging on from the home of Copper Dragon

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wharfedale

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Newbie logging on from the home of Copper Dragon (Skipton)

Just bought my first 40 pint micro brewery kit last week that came with Woodfords Wherry. Got my first (help I'm panicing question) I'm struggling to get the temp up on the FV. Brew went together last Thursday and managed to get upto 18 degrees for a couple of days with a decent foamy head. For the last 2-3 days it now looks very still with lumpy bits at the top and I'm struggling to get the temp past 16. Even with it in a warm room and wrapping in a sleeping bag at night. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.....

Thanks Stuart

Welcome to the forum wharfedale :thumb:

Woodfordes Wherry is also my first kit & i'm waiting here patiently, with it behind me right now on the floor in my hallway at 20c.

I would say try to keep it at a constant 16c if that's the highest temprature you can get. at the end of the day I'm told that the lower the temp the longer your brew will take to ferment, which is A good thing because your beer will taste much better in the end :cheers:

Thanks for all the replies guys. Giant plastic container and fish tank heater on its way. Is it worth doing anything else to my brew once I get the temp sorted? gentle stir etc?

Nope just leave it alone. Dont open the lid. Dont go near it for about 12 days.

If you must go near it I find gentle words of encouragement some times help.......

Back