Klarstein Brauheld Pro 45l

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisD123

Regular.
Reaction score
Its arrived, quite impressed with the time etc as it obviously came from Germany...looking forward to getting back to it having previously had a bulldog brewer...so any other Brauheld users out their have any tips/advice about any foibles etc...is the bazooka really necessary as i didnt bother with it on the bulldog? Boiling was an issue with the bulldog too as you always had to recalibrate once the boil commenced...just wondered if there was anything i should keep an eye out for...cheers

Its arrived, quite impressed with the time etc as it obviously came from Germany...looking forward to getting back to it having previously had a bulldog brewer...so any other Brauheld users out their have any tips/advice about any foibles etc...is the bazooka really necessary as i didnt bother with it on the bulldog? Boiling was an issue with the bulldog too as you always had to recalibrate once the boil commenced...just wondered if there was anything i should keep an eye out for...cheers
Google Klarstein Brauheld Pro, Home Brew Forum there are several posts.

did a bit of a dry/wet run today to ensure no leaks and everything was doing as it was told...all working fine...so next thing will be a brew...will be keeping it simple probably a Smash to just get into the swing of things again...i assume i will be ok doing a smaller brew as opposed to a full on 45litre job...i used to have a bulldog so max boil volume was around 30litres..was thinking something along these lines to begin with. Not wanting a full capacity brew to start with as sticking with what i know works previously

Got a selection of malts plus hops...Citra, cascade, challenger, saaz, mittelfruh...so plenty of choice

Does anyone bother with bazooka filter...i didnt bother with it on the bulldog, was always clogging

So will probably get the first brew on tomorrow...all ingredients have arrived...i have to get me started
Grains
10kg Pale malt
10Kg Ex. Pale Malt
5kg Munich
5Kg Vienna
10Kg Maris Otter
1Kg Carapils
5Kg Wheat
500g Light Crystal
Hops
200g Citra
100g Chinook