Kits I Wouldn't Brew Again

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only kits I’ve brewed in the last 5 years have been Range Stout kits which are average but drinkable because the bitterness overpowers are twang. I have given up on these my stout is exponentially better.

The only kits I’ve brewed in the last 5 years have been Range Stout kits which are average but drinkable because the bitterness overpowers are twang. I have given up on these my stout is exponentially better.
I've got a range myo stout sitting there to do at some point, it's got a dry hop addition so 🤞 this will taste better than the usual 1can kits?

I have added brown sugar, Dextrose or treacle plus cocoa nibs and rolled oats to mine plus more hops. My last brew with the Range stout was 12/9/22 where I made 18 litres of Blackberry Stout. The recipe was
2200g Range stout kit
500g Dextrose
400g Brown Sugar
500g Blackberries
Hops were
16g Admiral start of boil
15g Gallena dry hop
Yeast was US05
ABV 5.2%
DO NOT USE THE KIT YEAST 😀

I've done about 4 or 5 kits vs more than 50 all grain brews, but there is none of them that I would brew again. I'll still brew more kits to see if there is ever one that I'm happy with, I've got 2 in the cupboard to try. My preference is rather to use dry extract if not doing all grain

Latest posts

Back