• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Kit swap bitter for stout?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aamcle

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi.

I have a spare Young's Harvest Bitter kit that I would like to swap for a Stout kit.

Please let me know if your interested. I live just North of Warrington.

Atb. Aamcle

I have had great success with this kit. I have brewed it a couple of different ways before finding that, to my taste brewed to 18 litres with 1kg of sugar is the way that I will do the rest of them.

If you don't have any success in doing a swap, and you don't like it. I will pay you £2.74.... and I will pick it up. :D

Cheers

Matt :cheers:

Rob your Idea is a good one, a partial mash and the bitter does become stout and I'd be on my way to an Imperial :)

aamcle

Mmmmm I wonder if I have FV big enough...

not even that - 250g roasted barley steeped in a few litres of warm water for 30 minutes then boiled will turn it into a stout. the only real difference between a basic stout and basic bitter is the inclusion of a dark malt. it'll retain the same ABV, give or take!

of course, you can use a combination of malts like chocolate and crystal too - but it's not even neccessary to mash them if you don't want to.

Latest posts

Back