Kegland Oxebar kegs/dispense

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clint

Forum jester...🏅🏆
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all!
My plans for getting a brew on in the next few days are on course!
The bottling of said brew still isn't appealing but will if I need to!
This brings me to the above mentioned Oxebar stuff I've just noticed from Malt Miller...I'm probably late to the party on this!
So...anyone using them? I'm interested in the 20l size and to start would gas them with the 16oz c02 cartridges for convenience. What would be the preferred/best/easiest pressurising method for these kegs? Also...cleaning etc,considering they've got tubes and stuff! Ideally I'd like to get them filled and gassed then this time of year can be stored in the shed and used as required.
Thanks!

I’m new to this so probably not best placed to advise, but I’ve got 2 new 8ltr oxebar kegs with cider in them and a party tap for dispensing. They are great!

I use the soda stream for gassing

Not sure how these are any advance on the Corny keg, other than the price differential. Slightly taller and larger diameter than the newer cornys (640 x 235 against 630 x 215). The diameter matters more when trying to squeeze them into a fridge or kegerator.

And the price is decent alright, but I'd weigh that against the proliferation of parts and seals for cornys.

I have 3 of the 8l ones. Usually for soda, hard seltzer, or smaller batch sizes when my cornies are in use.

I've just bought a 4l to try out some post packaging additions.

They work well, not noticed any oxidation, but I've not left anything in for an extended time. Just make sure the PRV is seated right, as I had a bit of a leak through one.

Edit - design on the 20l looks much more robust.

Latest posts

Back