Kegged up but when should I add CO2

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linearcraig

Reaction score
I have put sugar in to prime my brew but I have a CO2 bulb that I want to use to get the beer out.

I know I wont get much Co2 because its in a keg but I want to know when to add the bulb. Just now, once the secondary ferm is done or when I want to drink it?

Thanks

You shouldn't need to add it for a while yet, the sugar you used to prime should provide enough gas to get quite a way down the barrel. When the flow from the tap starts to slow down this is the time to add your gas, but make sure it's before the tap glugs any air back in.
Now that you've kegged your brew make sure you store it somewhere warm for at least a week before moving somewhere cooler to condition
:cheers:

OK thanks

I obviously have 2 caps for this one with a valve and one without.

Should I put the one without on just now then swap them when the pressure drops?

Put the one with co2 injector on as if you do it later air can get into brew while swapping over.

Drinking; Wilko's Hoppy Copper Bitter
Conditioning; Olde Treacle Ale
Brewing; Woodfords Wherry

I dont know if the cap for the youngs is one way of its its designed to stop letting c02 out at the certain pressure.

Put the lid with the valve on it now mate, all the lids have a pressure relief valve as far as I know
:cheers:

Latest posts

Back