Keg cooling ideas??

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isolation123

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I think I am going for the King Keg Top Tap Barrel 5 Gallon, I am having trouble figuring out a way of keeping the keg cool without getting another fridge as I have NO space :cry:.

I have seen a cooling jacket: http://www.pubshop.co.uk/catalog/produc ... ts_id=1844
But how does this work?? does it need to be plugged in??

Any other cheap suggestions on keeping kegs cool in hot weather would be appreciated thanks

isolation123

What about wrapping it in wet towels, as long as the towels stay wet the evapouration off it should keep it cool, won't be fridge style cool but won't be warm.

The wet towel & evaporation trick is a good cheap fix for cooling your beer

senorjoeyo said:
What about wrapping it in wet towels, as long as the towels stay wet the evapouration off it should keep it cool, won't be fridge style cool but won't be warm.

Wet towels work - if you need maximum cooling then point a fan at the towel to encourage evaporation...

I reckon the thing that link shows is simply insulation for keeping an already cool keg cool for a short period of time.

A couple of frozen 2L PET bottles either side and wrap the whole thing in a large beach towel or spare old duvet. Swap the bottles daily. Looks like a dog's breakfast but does the trick. Of course it depends on what space you have in your freezer. Get rid of that ice cream, not good for you :D

Back