Keg conversion and Cutting slots

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenki

Reaction score
I am starting converting two kegs into a HLT and Boiler, and found these discs, they cut the SS on the keg like a hot knife through butter, but also used them for making the slots in the copper pipe my mash tun strainer, the blade is only 1.5mm wilde so ideal for the slots (and a lot quicker), the only down side was that i tried to de burr the edges of the keg with it and it lasted 2 seconds :? . Hope it helps someone.

They are just for cutting and can be dangerous if you try and debur as they are not for grinding and can break up, use a flap disc or grinding disc (much fatter) for cleaning up :thumb:

Yeah Slitting discs are great . . . Makita do some that are only 0.8mm wide, ideal for slots on hop strainers (or slots in a mash tun FB ;) . . . it puzzles me why people try and do it with a hacksaw :roll:

You do need the thicker grinding discs though to clean up the cuts . . .and in my experience if you don't do it you do end up with a lot of red ale . . . if you get my meaning :whistle:

Latest posts

Back