Just bought a regulator....

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks as if you've got a primary and a secondary regulator there. The primary one reduces the pressure from the bottle enough for the secondary regulator to handle it.

Should do the job, but you'll need to pick up a high pressure hose as well.

I thought it looked like 2 secondaries linked so that you could have multiple outlets at different pressure, which is great, but you'd still need a primary reg.

hawkinspm said:
I thought it looked like 2 secondaries linked so that you could have multiple outlets at different pressure, which is great, but you'd still need a primary reg.

So did I, but I noticed that the gauges are different. I can't tell for sure what the maximum pressure is on the right hand one.

EDIT: Did a bit of zooming, I think you're right, they are both secondary regulators.

So how will I tell if they can be used when I can get a closer look? What am I looking for exactly??

jamesb said:
hawkinspm said:

So did I, but I noticed that the gauges are different. I can't tell for sure what the maximum pressure is on the right hand one.

EDIT: Did a bit of zooming, I think you're right, they are both secondary regulators.

Just my luck that :( .

Are these ofabsolutley no use to me for a 1 keg set up then? Could I not just use one of them as single regulator?

I don't know. They might be designed differently, or they might just have the gauges swapped. I wouldn't be inclinded to experiment though, too dangerous.

jamesb said:
I don't know. They might be designed differently, or they might just have the gauges swapped. I wouldn't be inclinded to experiment though, too dangerous.
i dont think you can as they will not be able to deal with high pressure
sorry bud

Latest posts

Back