Jonnyv - Gold Rush

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wez

Landlord.
Reaction score
Gold Rush

001-2.jpg

Apparently i'm the first person to try one of JV's beers outside of his friends and family circle, what i'd say to anyone here is if he offers you a swap, go for it :thumb:

The bottle was very well presented with an excellent label.

It opened with a nice strong hiss and a good aroma which i know to be first gold.

It poured with a bit of an oversized head.

A nice clear beer, almost polished.

Very well rounded flavour, no harshness from the hops, just a good hop flavour that lingers for a short while. It's got a nice clean taste, would like to know what you fermented it with JV.

Initially it was over carbonated for me, but that dropped after 5 mins in the glass.

I'd say that this beer is much much better than lots of the commercial beer I buy from supermarkets

I'd be very happy to have brewed this JV :clap:

:D :D :D :D

Wez - Very happy that you liked it.

I'm a little surprised at the over carbonation as it was bottled with my DIY counter pressure bottler which I thought would drop carbonation a little when using it. Judging from the pic, I think you're right - I may have over compensated with the carbonation as this was my first pale ale I'd used the bottler contraption with. A point worth remembering when I next use it.

It's probable that I hadn't quite left it enought to drop bright to use the DIY bottler so that might be why it carbonated a little more than I expected.

Anyway - glad you enjoyed the pint - from my notes it was fermented with S04.

V. happy with the response and the critic - it's great to get an outside opinion. :cheers:

Latest posts

Back