Is 4mm mesh too big for hopfilter ??

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It will keep out any small children who have fallen in the kettle :thumb:

Definitely no use with pellets which is about all I can get my hands on here.

Thanks t0m but I dont use pellets only whole leaf hops. My copper pipe ones have 2mm holes in them but I prefer to put a false bottom in my new setup. Hence the question, would 4mm be to big.

Max size holes for hops by convention would be 2.5mm, I'd stick to 2mm, but you've got the sheet for free, so why not give it a go. Unless chilling using a plate chiller you can always run the wort though a sieve at the fv, just to check what's coming through....you never know it might be fine :thumb:

EDIT, above should have said whole leaf hops.

Vossy1 said:
Max size holes for hops by convention would be 2.5mm, I'd stick to 2mm, but you've got the sheet for free, so why not give it a go. Unless chilling using a plate chiller you can always run the wort though a sieve at the fv, just to check what's coming through....you never know it might be fine :thumb:

Cheers Vossy1, I appreciate the answer. I had a feeling that 4mm was a bit too large but being a tightarse I just wondered if anyone else had any success with that size of mesh. I shall pester the donor for a sheet of 2mm :pray:

Latest posts

Back