I'm giving up brewing...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesb

Landlord.
Reaction score
... for a couple of weeks.

Just managed to get a house we both wanted. Out in the sticks, coal fire, chicken coop, greenhouse and.... at least two places to build a decent brewery in, already wired up and plumbed in for water.

:party:

:shock: a sudden sadness overwhelmed me for a sec there :lol:

that sounds awesome mate :thumb:

i've been looking for a place like that, that isn't too far from work for years... it's flippin hard to find round 'ere so congrats on your find over there.... mind you i bet that's every house's style over there when you get out of town :D

BrewStew said:
:shock: a sudden sadness overwhelmed me for a sec there :lol:

that sounds awesome mate :thumb:

i've been looking for a place like that, that isn't too far from work for years... it's flippin hard to find round 'ere so congrats on your find over there.... mind you i bet that's every house's style over there when you get out of town :D

I've been living in the centre of town for 8 years and it doesn't suit me at all. We've been looking for a while for a suitable place but they're all a bit expensive. Just happened on this place on the way back from work one day. Saw it Sunday, signed the lease last night. Glad to get back out in the sticks. And get space for a decent brew setup. I can also give up the allotment and grow all my stuff out the back.

Quite handy for one of my favourite pubs too... 10 seconds stumble over the main road. :D

Sounds like a nice move there Jb :thumb: Bet you feel all excited in a Hugh Fearnley kind of way. Look forward to seeing the new brewery.

Congrats JB :thumb: Sounds ideal :D :party:

As someone who's well and truly bound to central-London by job and SWMBO I'm jealous as well! Would love to live in the country with a top local and room for a brewery. One day...

Congrats! :party:

Ok. All moved.

Couple of bad points on the brewing front. The garage and workshop look as if they were wired up ok and also plumbed in for water but they weren't.

Means it's going to be about a month before I can get a brew on :x SWMBO is going to make me do stuff on the house first.

Good thing I went mad brewing in November and should have just enough beer to get by.

Back