Hydrogen Vs BEV cars.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Age is going to be more of a problem for EV batteries than mileage. I’ve seen enough reports of cars doing 200k miles inside 9 years without any issues.

Although having said that if batteries are warrantied to 8/10 years they should be engineered to be useful for at near double that as the warranty expiration should sit in the middle of a bathtub curve.

Although having said that if batteries are warrantied to 8/10 years they should be engineered to be useful for at near double that as the warranty expiration should sit in the middle of a bathtub curve.
That may depend on what the definition of "useful" is. There are many of the much-maligned Nissan Leafs driving around with 60 miles of range after 12 years. That range may still be useful to the person driving it if they do less than 60 miles a day.

That may depend on what the definition of "useful" is. There are many of the much-maligned Nissan Leafs driving around with 60 miles of range after 12 years. That range may still be useful to the person driving it if they do less than 60 miles a day.
And you think the battery tech used in a Leaf is similar to modern batteries and BMS in the current batch of EV's?
[Shakes head]
We are 15 years in to mainstream EV usage, look at the progress in technology and development of capabilities compared to a ford model T to an Austin 7 over a similar period at the start of ICE development

And you think the battery tech used in a Leaf is similar to modern batteries and BMS in the current batch of EV's?
[Shakes head]
We are 15 years in to mainstream EV usage, look at the progress in technology and development of capabilities compared to a ford model T to an Austin 7 over a similar period at the start of ICE development
I don't. No idea where you got that idea. I posted earlier about how poor their battery chemistry was.

Back