How to keep cool

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need to find out more about this 🧐
Just about to get some drawings done for an extension...I wonder a. how much more it will cost to include a cellar, b. how much the cellar itself would cost and c. if SHMBO will notice

She will never notice if you do it right ;)

download.jpg

Can be a problem with a high water table - cellar would need tanking - sometimes difficult and expensive to seal

I need to find out more about this 🧐
Just about to get some drawings done for an extension...I wonder a. how much more it will cost to include a cellar, b. how much the cellar itself would cost and c. if SHMBO will notice

I do architectural drawings for planning and building control, and construction. Let me know if you want a quote?! wink...

I've had the bottles sitting at room temperature between 18-23 degrees for last 11 days.

I've now placed some in the fridge. I'll leave them there for a few weeks.

Once conditioned, can I take them out to sit in the cupboard at room temperatue and then put in fridge in the morning when drinking them in the evening?

Or once you've put them in the fridge do they then need drinking straight from the fridge?

I've had the bottles sitting at room temperature between 18-23 degrees for last 11 days.

I've now placed some in the fridge. I'll leave them there for a few weeks.

Once conditioned, can I take them out to sit in the cupboard at room temperatue and then put in fridge in the morning when drinking them in the evening?

Or once you've put them in the fridge do they then need drinking straight from the fridge?

Glad you've said that - I was about to ask why on earth, if you have a fridge with the space, wouldn't you use it to cold condition your beer!

I normally cold condition in the fridge for two weeks and put them out in the shed. I'll normally leave them there for a month before I try the first bottle.

What you suggest is fine - a dark cupboard is perfect and then just pop some in the fridge for later as and when you want them.

Latest posts

Back