How have you named your brewery?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ceejay

Landlord.
Reaction score
Now.

I take it it's customary to name your brewery (even if it's not a brewery - more a collection of brewing parafanalia stored in a cupboard). So, how did you name yours? :hmm:

I've decided to name mine "The Smokestack Brewery" which is kind of a nod to my favourite blues tune, the railway heritage of Newton Abbot where I live, and the steam produced by boiling wort.

Dogshelf Brewery.. dogshelf round these parts means the floor, and, even though i have 2 sofas, im always lying on the floor with my beanbag. The name amuses the wife no end, because she is from up north (Spennymoor, Co. Durham)

Stephen

I've got 'The Den' brewery, it's the workshop attached to the garage, I spend a fair bit of time in there with all my fishing gear and now brewing gear :!:

It got christened 'The Den' from the moment we moved here four years ago, it's just my hideaway :roll:

Mine's "The Outhouse Brewery" as I've got it setup in the... wait for it...the outhouse...it's small about 12 foot sq. but it's all mine..the memsahib is not bothered with going in there.. :pray:

Cause I brew in the shed, I was think around this......Le Shed brewery, nah sounds too froggy.....Da Shed brewery, nah sounds like I rushed it...

...Current fave is Ma Shed brewery

The Plastic Madhouse Brewery is so named due to my 2 hyperactive children and the fact I don't have any shiny.... yet!

Mine is named after 2 standing stones at a neolithic burial mound a couple of miles away from my house on a big hill I have a good view of out of the back window, "The Bridestones".

& what made the choice easier is the fact I have owned the domain www.bridestone.com for years, and was using it for nothing more than email.

UP

The bright spark brewery, because I like to play with high voltage electricity.

With apologies to these guys, mine was almost done for me, just needing a Y and an apostrophe! I've only got a couple of early labels uploaded though:
Stout.jpg

Mine is the Secret Brewery as I brew at work SHMBO thinks I am brewing Kits.

Many years ago I lived on an estate in Scotland. I lived in a caravan next to the Deer Larder which I used for brewing in, I called it the Stags Head Brewery after brewing one Saturday afternoon with the weeks tally of decapitated heads looking on. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

AG

graysalchemy said:
Mine is the Secret Brewery as I brew at work SHMBO thinks I am brewing Kits.

Many years ago I lived on an estate in Scotland. I lived in a caravan next to the Deer Larder which I used for brewing in, I called it the Stags Head Brewery after brewing one Saturday afternoon with the weeks tally of decapitated heads looking on. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

AG
I do now :twisted:
Your in big trouble :nono:

Mine is the 'LongDog Brewery'.
Named after my lurcher dog, Sam.
When he lies down on his belly, he stretches his hind legs back behind him.....the only way I can describe it is like a big frog :lol:
He is over 5 feet long when stretched out like this; hence the name, LongDog.

ATB

Latest posts

Back