Hop Querie

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GF21

Reaction score
Hi All
Im doing a lager recipe over the weekend , I studied the recipe but noticed the hop additions , the recipe calls for tettnanger alpha 2.1 , but all i can source is tettnanger 4.1. my querie is , can i halve the amount of 4.1 to come more or less close to the recipe or is that too easy , any help appreciated folks

Hi All
Im doing a lager recipe over the weekend , I studied the recipe but noticed the hop additions , the recipe calls for tettnanger alpha 2.1 , but all i can source is tettnanger 4.1. my querie is , can i halve the amount of 4.1 to come more or less close to the recipe or is that too easy , any help appreciated folks
Just to check myself I put an addition into Brewfather at a few different times with those numbers, and yes they all came out at very close to 50% of the IBU number for the 2.1 vs the 4.1

Hi All
Yes. You should halve it.
Can we see the rest of the recipe, please, to see if there are any late additions. If so, these should stay as they are.

Latest posts

Back