Hi Guys!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BackToBasics

Reaction score
Morning all. Hope we are all enjoying the bank holiday and the glorious sunshine we've been blessed with today.

I'm pretty much a newbie with all this homebrew stuff. A couple of years ago I got some basic kit so I could have a bash at a beer kit (an IPA from a brand I can't remember). It turned out okay but was nothing spectacular and I was soon reaching for my trusty old favourites from the shelves of the supermarket again.

As my username (hopefully) suggests I'm trying to get away from as much mass produced produce as possible. I've got a small greenhouse for tomatoes, chillis, herbs etc, all my bread is homemade (I've a nice little sourdough starter I've been nurturing for a few weeks now) and, now, I want to get into homebrew again. Specifically I'm interested in country wines for which I'll be foraging and making use of other people's gluts as much as possible. Of course, anyone who provides fruit will receive some of the end product as a thank you.

I also want to get into beer again but working from grains looks much more rewarding than a kit. Guess I need a mash tun.

I hope to get a lot out of the forum and, over time, will hopefully be able to give back as well.

welcome....have a good read of the How to's for wine and beer making....lots of different methods to try.

Welcome aboard! :cheers:

Recently started making my own bread too, not sourdough yet, but am enjoying it enormously and it's a great way to work out some frustrations, without getting in trouble! :-)

Back