hi from London

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benj

Reaction score
hi all,

i'm ben and in Tooting, working in central. Always been a super-keen cook, obsessed with finding out how things works and realising i can do them and loved beer... so this seems a natural step.

just put a Wherry kit to get things going and i want to head towards BIAB given space constraints of home. That set-up seems to offer a nice range between extract/ steeped/ partial/ biab.

Perhaps when we move to the country pile that this home-made beer is going to help me save up for I can move onto the shiny stuff!

As it happens - I came across LAB who have a meeting tomorrow which I plan to attend. If forum members are brewing around here that would be great - otherwise thank goodness for the internet that lets me join the chat of you brew folk wherever you're based.

Thanks

B

You sound like you have got off to a good start. Good luck with the brew and (As a keen cook myself) I totally get the brew plus food approach. Am planning a fruit brew for the summer using allotment grown fruits.....

Freepassallround said:
You sound like you have got off to a good start. Good luck with the brew and (As a keen cook myself) I totally get the brew plus food approach. Am planning a fruit brew for the summer using allotment grown fruits.....

absolutely - funny how you start seeing the world in fermentable sugars. Recently when in a middle eastern food store i saw date syrup in a squeezy bottle and thought, hmmm... infid-ale? Maybe one to try when i progress.

As for the good start - not so sure! The FV keeps blowing the under-sized air lock (knew i should have waited to order a maxi one) and in the process of fitting it after I had pitched the yeast I managed to squirt a few tablespoons of sanitzer solution into it too! Oh well - at least if the flow of co2 is good at this stage I can hope things aren't too oxidised.

Thanks for the welcome

Back