Help

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This came with my corny kit today, is it a reducer or an in line check valve or something completely different
C6DB839E-E993-4B35-BB0E-BFB71B6E518A.jpeg
B4479CE0-59B2-4983-914A-3B77A4D86FD6.jpeg

That looks handy. I ruined my last regular when it flooded with beer after I reduced presure too quickly.

Nice to have one of those thrown in :-)
I don't think it really matters where you fit it - anywhere in the line that connects the regulator output to the keg gas-in post should be fine. Personally I fit them up close to the keg connector.
Don't be alarmed if it makes a bit of a 'groaning' noise as it lets the gas through - all mine do, and it always catches me out :-)

I just checked and my best fit metric spanner was 27mm. I suspect it's actually an imperial nut maybe 5/8. The thread is W21.8.
Having said that, I find I don't need a spanner. I just hand tighten the nut then give a slight twist of the regulator in the same direction.

I just checked and my best fit metric spanner was 27mm. I suspect it's actually an imperial nut maybe 5/8. The thread is W21.8.
Having said that, I find I don't need a spanner. I just hand tighten the nut then give a slight twist of the regulator in the same direction.
Thanks Reg, thats what i did to test it with water working on the assumption that over tightening could damage the nylon washer athumb..

Back