Hello from the west mids

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jarvo

Reaction score
Hi all my name is john and ive only just got into brewing.
My first brew was a stout that i'm curently enjoying at the mo,
i used bottles for this one and to be honest i would like to put my
next batch in a barrel as i want to use nitrogen gas to make it a smoother
drink. Because this batch using suger in the bottles was a bit to rough for me as im a draft lover.
anyway look forward to speaking to you all soon :thumb: :drink:

Welcome to the forum John.
If you want to achieve and better pub beer you will need to go the All Grain route (the dark side)!

ericstd said:
Welcome to the forum John.
If you want to achieve and better pub beer you will need to go the All Grain route (the dark side)!

may do that at a later date but gonna try a few normal kits for now as they are so easy
to brew :drink:

jarvo said:
i would like to put my
next batch in a barrel as i want to use nitrogen gas to make it a smoother drink.
Hi and welcome to THBF :thumb:

You'll have to kit yourself out with a corny keg to get the draught your after with a 70/30 gas mix, I might be wrong but I think nylon would have problems under the extra pressure. :hmm:

BB

hi im new to the forum and new to brewing and im suprised how many people there r from the west mids im from stoke im also a member of a homebrew wine forum and havent seen a single post from any1 local to me :drink:

BarnsleyBrewer said:
jarvo said:
i would like to put my
next batch in a barrel as i want to use nitrogen gas to make it a smoother drink.
Hi and welcome to THBF :thumb:

You'll have to kit yourself out with a corny keg to get the draught your after with a 70/30 gas mix, I might be wrong but I think nylon would have problems under the extra pressure. :hmm:

BB
Have a corny on order mate no point in buying a plastic barrel now only to spend again later to upgrade to corny :thumb:

Latest posts

Back