Hello from Dudley!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morepunk

Reaction score
Hello fellow homebrew enthusiasts! :thumb:

I'm new to these forums so thought I'd introduce myself. I'm 24 years old, based in Dudley, West Midlands. I started brewing about a year and a half ago after hearing my grandad's tales of making potent marrow rum in his wardrobe, as well as some rather interesting earwig-infested wine. To date I haven't done loads; a couple of Woodforde's kits and 4 of my own with malt extract. I'm in the habit of naming all my beers and have made logos for 3 of them - I'll dig them out and upload them at some point. Here's a very brief lowdown of what I've done:

• Throbbing Todger - Ironically ended up being a fairly weak and tasteless amber beer - not sure what went wrong but was more like alcoholic water!
  • Epic Ale - A gorgeous traditional strong, pale ale
  • Something Something Dark Pint - A strong, dark, caramelly beer
  • Hi Laura - My favourite beer to date; a very strong amber beer with a full-bodied, fruity flavour - has some stunning red wine-type flavours. A little bit sad that I've only got a couple of pints left in the barrel! :(

Now I've got a garden with a shed (albeit a very small one), I'm hoping to brew perpetually and look forward to gaining wisdom from the experienced brewers that inhabit these forums.

I look forward to sharing my brewing experiences with you all!

Simon :drunk:

You've got a shed, you want a constant supply of beer, you've moved beyond kits to extract brewing, and you've found this forum.

Another one for the dark side :twisted:

Bostin' :thumb:

Welcome ter the forum our kid, mek yerself at wum :cheers:

Hello and welcome to the forum!

I can't believe I lived in the West Mids for 4 years and never went to Harris' :(

Now I'm back home in Kent and there's basically nothing around in the form of LHBS!

Anyhoo, as Moley said, welcome to the dark side :twisted:

Welcome to the Forum, according to the above posts you're headed for the "dark side" :clap:

Hi Morepunk,

Great stuff you have done there - I am just in the process of my first extract recipe myself, and enjoying every minute of it! Today I transfer my brew into the secondary fermenter, so fingers crossed!

I am also liking your beer names - I am going to go this way too (if all goes well), and I had it in mind to draw up a few beer labels; I would be well interested to see yours when you upload them.

Best of luck with whatever brew you have going at the moment

Cheers!!! :cheers:

I can definitely see the temptation to join the dark side... I'm putting off AG until I can get a corney or 2 in place of my pressure barrels!

I'm based in Cradley Heath as of 2 months ago. Before that I was in Netherton for a year or so (right over the road for Ma Pardoes - joy!) and before that I lived in Rowley. Yeah I've stumbled across Harris's - used a fantastic hop from there for my latest brew, but I can't remember now which bloody hop it was! I usually use DJ Homebrew in Rubery though as I work down that way.

Thanks for the great welcome all - here are 2 of the labels I've done. Unfortunately I can't find the label for Throbbing Todger... but use your imagination!

4962805933_12774fe183.jpg

4963401806_e510c3c30f.jpg

The labels are fairly simple and similar, but I'll be a bit more adventurous next time! :)

Latest posts

Back