Head on beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 litre Coke bottles do work but remember there'll be a layer of sediment at the bottom that you'll disturb everytime you pour a pint. I have used them in the past for ginger beer and they do alright, although the amount of pressure in them scares the **** out of me. They go from being flexi to being hard as a rock.

Your best bets for bottles would be to hit the bottle dump or leave a box there asking for 500ml glass bottles. Magners bottles work a treat. Or, you could do like I do and buy a nice, unusual bottle of beer from Morrisons/Tesco/ASDA/wherever everytime you go shoppping. Pretty soon, you've tasted a lot of different styles of beer *and* you have a large collection of perfectly good, reuseable glass bottles for your missus to complain about. Win/win!

Finally, you could ask at your local pub if you can take away some of their bottles. Some don't mind.

Good luck!

I use Asda's 1ltr tonic water bottles when I don't have enough glass ones and find them to be fine. I am in the midst of making my first wine kit and am going to bottle it in the tonic water bottles also. If I like what I have made I will invest in proper bottles, corks, capper etc. If It's not to my taste I have only lost the price of the kit and a demijon.

Virgilartois said:
reuseable glass bottles for your missus to complain about. Win/win!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

i have around 300 beer bottles - normally between 100 -150 full, some in the attic and enough ready to bottle the current brew :thumb: SHE doesn`t complain about the 80odd bottles of homemade wine in the cupboard though ;)

Homebrewing is more of a lifestyle choice than a hobby for me :whistle:

Back