Hazelwood’s Brewday Part 2

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will you wash and sanitise the NEIPA bucket or put it straight on top? I ask as in the past I've done similar and dropped the new brew straight onto the yeast cake and it was fine.

Will you wash and sanitise the NEIPA bucket or put it straight on top? I ask as in the past I've done similar and dropped the new brew straight onto the yeast cake and it was fine.
I’ll clean and sanitise first. My bitter uses an English ale yeast that produces nice English ale esters and has good flocculation for clarity. The verdant yeast used in the NEIPA wouldn’t give me the same flavour profile and is designed to produce hazy beers - see next post 😉

The NEIPA is kegged along with some keg hops and a good dose of ascorbic acid. The final gravity is 1.012 giving me an abv of 7.1%. This one is definitely more hazy!

IMG_7853.jpeg

The bitter is done now and just over 20 litres is tucked up in the fermentation cabinet. There’s nothing happening on the brewing front tomorrow (apart from dry hopping my Butterfly Effect APA) but on Friday I’ll keg the Brown Ale and I might get another Czech lager on the go.

IMG_7854.jpeg

IMG_7855.jpeg

Back